Increase Curb Appeal With EnRich Construction Home Remodeling in Columbia, Mo
There is a lot of preparation involved when it comes to preparing your home to sell. Besides the stress of real estate, there are a lot of tangible updates that need to take place in your home before it’s ready for an open house. In this blog, we’ll go over ways to increase your home’s curb appeal, and make it look as great on the outside as it does on the inside. So, whether you’re selling your home, or just want to give its exterior a face-lift, we’ve got you covered. If you’re looking to do anything from minor to major exterior remodeling on your home, trust the experts at EnRich Construction. For over a decade, we’ve provided Columbia, Mo and the surrounding areas with top notch custom home construction, landscaping, and remodeling. Interested in home remodeling services? Give us a call today!
Why Exterior Matters When Selling Your Home and Simple Home Remodeling in Columbia, Mo
When you’re preparing to sell your home, it may feel like the interior space is the most important: replace the cabinets, give the walls a fresh coat of paint, fix the back door, etc. While these things do matter when presenting your home to potential buyers, the outside of your home is just as important. In fact, it is potential buyers’ first impression of your home, so make it a good one! If buyers aren’t impressed with the home’s exterior, they’ll have a bad taste in their mouth before even stepping inside. But don’t worry! There are simple ways to take your home’s curb appeal from basic to brilliant.
Prioritize Lawn Care & Landscaping
- Your front lawn doesn’t need to be immaculate, but keeping it well maintained and polished certainly makes for a good impression during open houses. Additionally, updating your walkway with fresh brick or concrete can offer a cleaner look.
Make The Front Door “Pop”
- Your front door can provide a unique focal point that ties your entire home’s exterior together. Plants and simple front door decor can add a special and personal touch to the outside of a house. Additionally, it’s a good idea to replace the house numbers and door hardware if necessary. It adds a freshness and polish that may not be immediately noticed, but it will make the home look newer and nicer.
Give Your Mailbox a Makeover
- Now is the time if your mailbox needs an upgrade. Replace it if needed, otherwise just give it a good scrub. If you are replacing the mailbox, go with something simple, neutral, and classic. Make sure the house numbers are clear.
Pretty Up Your Porch
- Give you porch some extra TLC! Adding a fresh coat of paint, some hanging plants and outdoor decor can elevate your home’s exterior.
Power Washers Are Your Friend
- If necessary, power wash your fence and/or vinyl siding. It will make a noticeable difference!
Less is More With Outdoor Furniture
- If you have a front patio or porch with room for furniture, a small table and two chairs is a great touch. You don’t have to get something expensive. Choose an inexpensive set or use outdoor furniture you already own.
Success Starts Online
- The best way to get people in the door is to market your home well online. Depending on your realtor, they may suggest you upload photos to home buying sites like Zillow. The key is to take high quality, well-lit photos. You don’t even need an expensive camera for this – today’s phone cameras have comparable quality. If you really want to dazzle potential buyers, hire a photographer to take home photos for you.
Get Open House Ready With Residential Construction in Columbia, Mo
We just went over some simple changes you can make to add some polish to your home’s exterior before an open house. But sometimes, some more serious work is necessary. Here are a few residential construction projects to consider before showing your home to potential buyers.
Don’t Forget The Roof
- If your roof needs attention, schedule maintenance or repairs at least a few months before an open house. Whether your roof has storm damage or just typical wear and tear, it’s a good idea to get either repairs or a full replacement. Make roof repairs a priority not only for aesthetic, but also safety. A neglected roof system can lead to leaks, rotting, and other problems. Enrich Construction provides comprehensive roof repair and replacement services, so give us a call if your roof needs some work!
- Landscaping can make a huge difference in terms of your home’s curb appeal. Simple mulching, flower beds, and updated pathways can really elevate your home’s exterior.
- If your home is all or partial brick, it is wise to make any repairs necessary before showing your home to potential buyers. Brick is less common in the Midwest but many older homes still use it!
Siding Replacement & Installation
- It is a good idea to get your siding cleaned. This can be done with a power washer! If your siding is over 15-20 years old, check to see if it’s necessary to make any repairs, and/or replace old or faulty sections. EnRich Construction provides siding repair and installation, so whether you need a few repairs or a full replacement, EnRich can do it all.
- Hire professional painting services to repaint hard to reach areas of your home’s exterior. It’s also a good idea to paint your door with a fresh coat of a neutral color to add some freshness!
EnRich Construction offers all of these residential remodeling services and more. We are proud to serve the city of Columbia and the surrounding central Missouri area. To learn more about our services, visit our website here or give us a call!
Call EnRich Construction For Custom Home Remodeling in Columbia, Mo
EnRich Construction is Columbia, Mo’s go-to for all things home remodeling! We have over a decade of experience in all of our services, from roofing and siding to drywall and flooring. We want to help you prepare your home for potential buyers, so give us a call to start a project today!